A summer fling doesn't last that long, and neither does this Fitness Friday workout. In today's society, we pack our schedules full and barely have the time to fit it all in, but that doesn't mean you have to skip your workout. Check out this full body high intensity interval training (HIIT) workout that you can do in just 30 minutes!
- This workout alternates high energy cardio with some resistance training. If you are working out indoors and don't have access to a treadmill, substitute high knees for the sprint.
- Some of the moves in this workout are high-impact. Please feel free to modify the workout to make them low-impact if necessary.
- This workout is designed in a '2 minutes ON/30 seconds OFF' format. When you are ON, you want to give the exercise EVERYTHING you've got. When you're OFF, grab a drink, wipe your sweat, but walk around and keep your feet moving. The OFF section of the workout comes after each 2 minute block of work.
- Be sure to stretch at the end of the workout. Check out some post-workout stretches from Health.com.
- The first part of each set is 2 minutes of pure cardio. The second part of each set is broken up into 4 exercises - do them for 30 seconds each, as fast as you can (with proper form), with no break in between.
- If you're unsure about any of the movements, check out the videos linked to the name of the exercise or google them before you start the workout. You want to be able to do this workout all the way through without stopping to look something up.