- This workout alternates cardio with resistance training. You can make the cardio section as high or low impact as you want.
- The resistance training portion of the workout involves using a barbell - this doesn't have to be a lot of weight, just something you're comfortable lifting, but is still challenging. You can even use body bars.
- Be sure to stretch at the end of the workout. Check out some post-workout stretches from Health.com.
- The workout as written should take about 10 minutes to do - you can repeat it as many times as you want to match you fitness ability (suggested repetitions below)
- If you're unsure about any of the movements, check out the videos linked to the name of the exercise or google them before you start the workout. You want to be able to do this workout all the way through without stopping to look something up.
5 minutes cardio (choose one)
20 upright rows with barbell
5 push-up burpees
1 minute plank
20 side hip-ups (on each side)
20 back squats with barbell
20 tricep dips with barbell on lap
20 bicep curls with barbell
40 lunges (alternating) with barbell on back
- Beginner - 2x
- Internediate - 3x
- Advanced - 4x